Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It has begun: God of War 3


So I just started playing the God Of War for playstation 3 (only). I must say I am peeved that internet connection is not worth shit so... no fun downloads for me. (big no no much to my displeasure.) First thing I noticed when starting the game... you cant skip the intro/credits. So if you have played the games prior to GoW3 (which I suggest other wise the game will be slightly confusing) you will be told what you already know. Making it a a slight drag. BUT alas no chance of skipping.
So once you have finally gotten to the title screen (which displays an amazingly textured portrait of Kratos. I missed him.) It seems like forever but no worries its all worth it.
----
for people that love pretty title menus:
/Ignore the horrible written menu on the left side of the screen.\
----
You start right where the 2nd game stopped, on the shoulder of the big pms-ing titan. (Gaia) Big plus for me cause I could have thrown my PS2 out of the window after the ending of GoW2. (cliff hangers + marley = not good)
GoW3 like the other 2 has a very linear story lie & game play. There are multiple invisible walls to run into and there is no way you can move the camera angles. Which further in the game will surely kick my butt over and over. But the good thing is that falling off a cliff isn't really an option either. Believe me I have tried.
The game is mainly hack and slash; gore with a hint of a storyline every now and then. Or at least at the beginning. I love getting back the original feeling of playing God of War.
However I have high hopes for this game. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails